Wednesday, June 28, 2006

House Progress

My exceptional wife Dori and her work crew, our daughter Michelle and Dori's friend Pat, spent the week ripping down wallpaper in all of the rooms and repainting the walls and ceilings before the crews arrived to lay the new hardwood fllors, carpet and linoleum. The before and after pictures really tell the tale, it is a night and day difference. The floor guys did manage to pizz me off before it was over, they did an excellent job of laying the wood, it's bueatiful and I do give them credit for the quality of their work, what gave me heartburn was the fact, they "forgot" to re-hang the french doors on the living room. So when I asked them to put them back, they would not open and close properly due to the difference in the height of the old carpet and new wood floor, he looks at me and says you need to get someone to shave the doors. Then they wanted me to give them a check for their work I told them I paid the floor center and they would get paid by them. Then they attempted to take the 4 left over boxes of flooring, I asked them what they were doing, and I was told that was "extra" and they were taking it back to the store. No, you are leaving it right there in the garage, I know that they brought 10% extra wood as it was required and I had to pay for it before they even left the showroom with it, so it was mine. The older guy told the middle aged guy to put it back which made him mad, but I will be damned if I am paying for Julio to re-sell my flooring and make another 5-800 dollars off of me. 4153 dollars for 2 days work, and I want President Bush to tell me again how the immigrant workers are only taking jobs most Americans won't do, I don't know many Americans that make 2075 dollars a day. Even divided by the 3 men it averages almost 700 a day each, although I seriously doubt they were paying the "gofer" that much. Any way the carpet guys are next lol, I wonder what games they will try and play? Cynical bastard ain't I?

No comments: